LAS VEGAS, Dec. 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The vacation weekend will convey with it an uncertainty within the NFL schedule that oddsmakers have not seen because the 2020 season, in line with TheLines.com, which tracks odds within the U.S. regulated sports activities betting market.
Eight groups have but to play in Week 15 after COVID-19 outbreaks pushed three video games into Monday and Tuesday — Las Vegas Raiders at Cleveland Browns, Seattle Seahawks on the Los Angeles Rams, and Washington Redskins on the Philadelphia Eagles becoming a member of the usually scheduled Monday Evening matchup between the Minnesota Vikings and Chicago Bears. These late video games put half the NFL Week 16 schedule on relative standby as oddsmakers await Week 15 to play out.
As we stand, 5 video games have double-digit spreads, together with two which have important playoff implications, and 6 have spreads of three.5 or decrease, in line with a consensus of that nation’s largest authorized on-line sportsbooks — together with DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, BetRivers, Caesars, and PointsBet. And oddsmakers expect the potential of extra outbreaks, mixed with late-season accidents and winter climate, to have an effect on scoring. Half of the Week 16 schedule has an over/beneath of 45 factors or much less and no recreation incorporates a level complete of fifty factors or extra, which if it holds would mark the primary time in two seasons that not a single recreation would attain the 50-point over/beneath threshold.
“We had been all hoping to place this type of uncertainty behind us after the 2020 season introduced unprecedented challenges,” mentioned Brett Collson, lead analyst for TheLines.com. “The percentages may nonetheless considerably shift this week because the pandemic rears its ugly head once more. Sadly, that is perhaps a truth of life for the remainder of the season.”
The consensus level spreads for Week 16 video games, as of Monday, Dec. 20:
- San Francisco 49ers (-3.5) at Tennessee Titans; over/beneath 44.5
- Cleveland Browns at Inexperienced Bay Packers (-7.5); over/beneath 45.5
- Indianapolis Colts at Arizona Cardinals (-1.5); over/beneath 49
- Detroit Lions at Atlanta Falcons (-4.5); over/beneath 44
- Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-2.5); over/beneath 44.5
- Los Angeles Rams (-3) at Minnesota Vikings; over/beneath 49
- Buffalo Payments at New England Patriots (-1.5); over/beneath 44
- Jacksonville Jaguars at New York Jets (-2.5); over/beneath 41.5
- New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles (-10); over/beneath 42
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-11.5) at Carolina Panthers; over/beneath 47.5
- Los Angeles Chargers (-10.5) at Houston Texans; over/beneath 47.5
- Chicago Bears at Seattle Seahawks (-7); over/beneath 43.5
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Kansas Metropolis Chiefs (-10.5); over/beneath 46.5
- Denver Broncos at Las Vegas Raiders (1.5); over/beneath 42.5
- Washington Soccer Group at Dallas Cowboys (-10); over/beneath 47.5
- Miami Dolphins at New Orleans Saints (-3); over/beneath 40
In regards to the TheLines.com:
TheLines is a number one supply for information, evaluation, and analysis associated to the marketplace for regulated sports activities betting in the US. Affiliated with the PlayUSA.com Community, TheLines.com offers unique each day reporting and gives participant advocacy instruments associated to the development of secure, licensed, and authorized on-line sports activities betting. Primarily based in Las Vegas, the PlayUSA Community is independently owned and operated, with no affiliations to any on line casino — business, tribal, on-line, or in any other case.
View unique content material to obtain multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pandemic-affecting-odds-for-nfl-week-16-and-perhaps-the-remainder-of-the-season-according-to-thelinescom-301448394.html